You Gave Me a World I Never Chose
September 17, 2010 2 Comments
Musings and Brainstorms:
- I’ve got my plot all decided for this year’s NaNo. I think it’s going to go so much better than last year because:
- I know what to expect.
- I’m so much more invested in the story, and know where it’s going to go and who the characters are better.
- This year’s NaNo is going to be fairly autobiographical, and I have plenty of material up my sleeve.
- It’s been so hard fighting off the urge to start writing it all before November. So far I’ve been doing lots of brainstorming and back story fleshing out to combat my desires. I have look books for the 3 most prominent characters’ bedrooms, which I think really gave me a sense of who they are, and created personality quirks for them. I’ve also got all three of their schedules written out for 4 years (or 2 in one case). I’ve made a blueprint of the school they attend. I have names for every teacher at the school, even the ones that the characters don’t have. I’m so ready. I think I’ll put up the synopsis and such on October 1st so I stand a chance at getting chosen for the 30 covers.
The New Blog
- I’ve also been thinking more and more about the new blog, even though it’s not going to debut until next August or September. I’m trying to find out as much as possible about domain mapping before hand so it will be an easy transition. It’s a little ridiculous though, since I’ve only just begun my Digital Design for the Web class, and I’ll know so much more about coding by the time the new blog comes. I’m also trying to decide if I want the link to be related to this blog’s name, although that will not be the title of the blog anymore, since the new title is so long. And then I’ve got another possible title in mind… I’m a dreamer.